Monday, June 16, 2014

like wearing a hug..



 beanie for my Mr modelled by the middle, one for my gorgeous nephew, and a leftovers bonnet for olive

There's nothing quite as heart warming as making for the ones you love.  They only need to whisper a request and I'm on it like a flash!  I've been rummaging through my yarn stash, unravelling unfinished bits and pieces and putting them to good use, making beanies, bonnets and snuggly neckwarmers.  

We went for a walk to the playground on the weekend, it was freezing cold but the sun was shining, and watching my gang play and climb, sip coffee and hot chocolates wearing my winter woollens was like knowing they were wearing a great big hug..from me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel
    I completely get this - I make blankets for all my family and friends for exactly the same reason ! Absolutely gorgeous bonnet for Olive, so sweet.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I don't have time to pop in more often. I can't believe your little family is growing up so quickly...your boys are so handsome and oh little Olive.....adorable!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x