Friday, September 9, 2011

friday...

It's Friday again, and only 2 weeks left of school before the kids are on holidays!!  I don't know about you, but it seems to me that this term has completely flown by, it really feels like they only just got back there!

School concert time is already upon us, and costumes were a breeze for me this year.  We have a skeleton & an Aussie sports supporter, not even a tiny bit of stitching or gluing to be done, easy! I'll be sure to post some pics on the day...

This morning we woke to the rumbling of thunder & pelting rain, disappointing after that glorious spring sunshine but oh so nice all the same...

I did the 'dump & run' this morning.  I left my school boys to fend for themselves once inside the school gates, no waiting around in the cold wind for me today, I was busting to get home for my coffee & toast, and catch up on some blogs.  They didn't care in the least of course, it's really just me who likes to wave them into class...

We've our last school computer visit for the little guy today, he's very excited to meet up with his grade 5 buddy & learn some new computer games to tell his big brothers all about.  Even attending this each week gets me all emotional, I'm really going to have to toughen up between now & the start of school next year...

Library books to return, a few bags of clothes to deliver to the op-shop, a drum lesson for the big boy (yes DRUMS, the instrument of choice!!), and then whip up some meatballs with the yummy tomato & lentil dish I found in the latest Frankie for tonights dinner, you must try it, delicious...

No plans this weekend, except hubby has been given tickets to see his beloved Collingwood play, sitting with the players!! Followed by after game passes to the rooms.  He's beside himself excited, god love him.  It's just what he needs actually, today he's sitting in Jury Duty limbo, while awaiting test results for  a vicious looking mozzie bite, and the stresses of work on his mind...

I'm hoping the weather isn't too bad so the boys and I can get out & about a bit, hopefully time to make loads more garlands (above) and maybe visit a market or two, we'll see, the joy of no plans...

Happy weekend...

6 comments:

  1. Mimi got bit on her back its the size of a quarter.....a white sox its a ferocious fly. I hate them. Did your hubby take on a new job yet?
    when you say Holiday for the kids how long do these normally last? Ours are out for almost 3 months...which are nice to really get a break from school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are having the same weather as us here in Sydney. I got saturated on the school run this morning, I've lost my anorak and it's impossible to push a double stroller and an umbrella over me at the same time. Bring back the sunshine! I have between 25 and 30 kids coming for my son's birthday party Saturday of next week, PRAYING for sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that garland!
    It's funny to think that school is almost out there while our kids are just getting ready to start their school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is freezing here as well. perfect for staying in and getting things done in the house or even better....some crafting. Your projects look beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO strange to this that third term is almost over. We left home one week before it began. I hope you have the most wonderful, relaxing weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's almost school holidays again, yippee. NO trip to Brisbane this time, my niece has a 21st in Sydney so we'll just go that far, ah, just a little hop.
    I like walking my children into school, still, not high school as her locker is like 800m from the car park & i have 15 minutes to get the other 3 across town to their school. I always hop out, hug, kiss & pop their bags on their backs, set them off on the right foot, except that morning it was -5C & i just wanted to get to my Spin class, brrrrr. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x