Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pottering About...

Holidays have almost come to an end.  I'm a little sad they are over already. With all the drama we had early on with sick children and hospital stints, our holidays have just flown by.  Having said that, I'll be pleased to get back into the school routine, to catch up with friends & to begin a new year.  We have a big grade 3 boy (I can't believe how quickly the years have gone), we have one starting school & one off to 3 year old kinder - hopefully! This is proving to be a very sensitive topic as he is refusing to go, begging & pleading through his tears to please not speak of this 'kinder' place.  I keep telling myself he'll be just fine when he gets there...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...
In the mean time...back to these little treasures I picked up at the op shop last week.  I've decided to make a table runner to liven up our dining table.
Also, I found some paint out in our garage that I'm hoping will be perfect to white-wash the mirror in the living room.  At the moment it's all gold and regal looking, which doesn't really suit the style of our house so I thought I'd dress it down a little - fingers crossed, let's hope I don't ruin a perfectly lovely mirror!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. Yep it's that time of year isn't it? Back to school and kinder & routine. One of mine is starting grade 3 too and like you, it seems that it was only yesterday that he was starting prep! My eldest is in her last year of school & my youngest is starting kinder so it's all happening at different ends of the system. Good luck with your mirror, are you going for a matte or glossy finish? I'm sure it will look lovely. Take care xo

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x